Inspiration Begins With Purpose
The day you first found out about the MLM product or opportunity that you are now involved with… do you remember the feeling? Were you excited? What caused that feeling?
Did you ever stop and analyze what got you most excited that day? And why? That wouldn’t be a bad idea, you know, to do that analysis right now.
When you understand what makes you tick, what makes you eager every morning to get up out of bed, to take on each new day with enthusiasm, you will have found an endless source of inspiration for you and your downline.
And it’s got a name: Purpose.
Purpose is Personal
Every individual has a purpose in activities that lead to personal satisfaction and happiness or success. That purpose is different, or is expressed differently, for each of us.
Discovery of what turns our fire on, though, is more than a nice idea to think about, because purpose motivates action beyond emotions.
Take war, for instance. War is tough to experience first-hand, but those soldiers who understand on a personal level why they are fighting, and what their personal goals are, weather the daily good and bad, and they generally survive better.
They also keep moving toward victory. They will not quit, because their purpose is stronger than any obstacles they face.
MLM in that respect is like fighting a war. There will be good days and bad. There will be small victories and losses, triumphs and failures.
When you feel down, rather than getting swamped by the obstacles, defining your purpose will help you figure a way through the morass, up and over the brambles, and help you to arrive at your goal.
Famed author and story-teller, Mark Twain, read Uncle Remus written by Joel Chandler Harris to his children. In his autobiography Twain describes meeting him:
“He was the bashfulest grown person I have ever met. When there were people about he stayed silent, and seemed to suffer until they were gone. But he was lovely, nevertheless; for the sweetness and benignity of the immortal Remus looked out from his eyes, and the graces and sincerities of his character shone in his face.”
Shy as Harris might have been, it was his keen purpose that brought about his career success.
“Presidents may come and presidents may go, but Uncle Remus stays put. Georgia has done a great many things for the Union, but she has never done more than when she gave Mr. Joel Chandler Harris to American literature.” – U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt
Throughout his storied lifetime of journalism and creative writing, Harris never strayed far from his primary motivating purpose to help bring reconciliation among whites and blacks in the South.
Put Purpose Into Action In MLM
Lest you think these are just bright thoughts, put them into action. Here’s what you do:
- Determine or recall the first time you found your current product or opportunity.
- Determine the highest emotion you had the first day you found out about it.
- Discover the decision you made when you felt that way.
- Write your answers for numbers 1-3 above.
- Describe for yourself the first plan of action that you envisioned at that moment.
- Write that down, because a cleanly written sentence or two about that plan can become your inspiration and purpose that will motivate your every day as long as you want to play the same MLM activity.
- Now go and do the same with each of your closest and best-producing downline personnel.
- Make sure what is written down is kept prominent where it can be seen every day to remind and renew that purpose.
- Make sure your downline replicates this activity with each new person brought on.
Finding Motivation in MLM
I’ll wager that once you do the actions just described, you will feel more inspired and motivated in your MLM business.
I’d also bet that you will see your downline more inspired and productive after they do the same.
Purpose isn’t everything, but it goes a long way toward achieving the success of feeling happy about your work!